What Travel Agencies Are Offering
Here are some of the best deals a handful of major travel agencies are advertising this week. Cruises are capacity-controlled and offers may be withdrawn at any time. Similar deals may be available from competing online and brick-and-mortar agencies. All rates are per person and include port charges. Rates for the ultra-lux lines may also include gratuities and some or all beverages.
Cruise Brothers (tel.800/827/7779; www.cruisebrothers.com)
- Oceania Nautica: 12-night Mediterranean, Rome to Istanbul. From $4598 (per couple), Nov 15 sailing. Deal includes free air.
- Oceania Insignia: 10-night Europe, Barcelona to Rome. From $3499, Oct 20 sailing.
- Oceania Regatta: 26-night South America, round-trip from Miami. From $4699, Nov 25 sailing.
- Oceania Insignia: 12-night Mediterranean, Rome to Venice. From $7398 (per couple), Oct 30 sailing. Deal includes free air.
- Oceania Nautica: 15-night Asia, Hong Kong to Singapore. From $3499, Jan 6 sailing. Deal includes free air.
- Oceania Nautica: 10-night Mediterranean, Athens to Rome. From $5798, Nov 5 sailing.
- Oceania Regatta: 16-night Panama Canal, Los Angeles to Miami. From $2999, Jan 28 sailing.
- Oceania Insignia: 14-night Mediterranean, Venice to Lisbon. From $5998 with free air, Nov 11 sailing.
- Oceania Regatta: 10-night Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $1749, Jan 2 sailing.
- Oceania Regatta: 14-night Mediterranean, London to Rome. From $6998 with air, Sept 12 sailing.
CruisesOnly (tel. 800/278-4737; www.cruisesonly.com)
- Carnival Glory: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral. From $699, July 29 sailing.
- Celebrity Zenith: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Cape Liberty. From $599, Sept 16 & 23 sailings.
- Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas: 7-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $609, Sept 10 sailing.
- Carnival Valor: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $549, Aug 27 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas: 7-night Greek Isles & Croatia, round-trip from Barcelona. From $799, July 9 sailing.
Cruise Value Center (tel. 800/231-7447; www.cruisevalue.com)
- Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $999, June 9 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Philadelphia. From $799, June 17 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas: 7-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Barcelona, Spain. From $899, June 24 sailing.
- Carnival Glory: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Port Canaveral, Florida. From $599, August 19 sailing.
- Carnival Triumph: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Miami, Florida. From $679, July 29 sailing.
- Holland America Zaandam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $922, June 9 sailing.
- Holland America Ryndam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Vancouver. From $824, July 16 sailing. Free $300 shipboard credit.
- Princess Sun Princess: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $830, July 23 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Fort Lauderdale. From $734, June 24 sailing.
- Celebrity Mercury: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $949, July 28 sailing.
- Celebrity Zenith: 7-night Bermuda, round-trip from Cape Liberty, Bayonne. From $799, June 24 sailing.
Vacation Outlet (tel. 800/690-2210; www.vacationoutlet.com)
- Carnival Fascination: 4-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $229, Aug 28 sailing.
- Carnival Victory: 4-night Canada/New England, round-trip from New York. From $349, July 6 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas: 7-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Miami. From $599, Sept 30 sailing.
- NCL Pride of America: 7-night Hawaii, round-trip from Honolulu. From $699, July 22 & 29 sailing.
- Carnival Liberty: 12-night Mediterranean, round-trip from Rome. From $1,399, Aug 11 sailing.
Vacation Shoppe (tel. 866/7-CRUISE; www.vacationshoppe.com)
- Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas: 5-night western Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $549, June 24 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas: 13-night westbound Transatlantic, Barcelona to Miami. From $919, Nov 7 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas: 7-night Alaska, Vancouver to Seward. From $799, July 8 sailing.
- Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Vancouver. From $1,099, June 25 sailing.
- Seabourn Legend: 14-night ultra-lux Panama Canal, Ft. Lauderdale to Costa Rica. From $3,998, Dec 5 sailing.
- Celebrity Infinity: 10-night Alaska, Vancouver to San Francisco. From $999, Sept 3 sailing.
- Celebrity Galaxy: 10-night southern Caribbean, round-trip from San Juan. From $859, Jan 2, 2007 sailing.
- Cunard Queen Mary: 6-night eastbound Transatlantic, New York to Southampton. From $1,399, Aug 17 sailing.
- Princess Caribbean Princess: 7-night eastern Caribbean, round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale. From $975, Dec 31 sailing.
- Holland America Zaandam: 7-night Alaska, round-trip from Seattle. From $650, Sept 15 sailing.
Living the Pirate Life for Peanuts
Windjammer Barefoot Cruises (tel. 800/327 2600; www.windjammer.com) is offering 7-night cruises on the Polynesia for as low as $399 per person for the June 11 departure! The sailing departs round-trip from Antigua and visit Dominica, Iles des Saints, Nevis and Falmouth Harbor. Deal is valid for new bookings only in standard cabins, double occupancy, and is not combinable with other discounts.
It's Natural to Save on These Seabourn Adventures
Save 40 percent (or 50 percent if you have sailed with Seabourn before) on two 14-night Seabourn (tel. 800/929-9391; www.seabourn.com) cruises in Central America. Transit the Panama Canal on the posh 208-passenger Seabourn Legend, and explore the reefs of Belize, and the jungles and wildlife of Costa Rica, Nicaragua and Honduras. The sailings depart Nov. 21 and Dec. 5 and sail between Ft. Lauderdale and Caldera, Costa Rica, with calls along the way at ports in Belize, Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama and Nicaragua. Discounted rates start at $4,995 per person (and $3,998 per person for past guests) and fares include all spirits and wines, tips, and one complimentary shore excursion.
It May Be Cold Down There, But These Deals are Hot
Norwegian Coastal Voyage (tel. 800/323-7436; www.norwegiancoastalvoyage.us) is offering an early-booking discount of $300 per person on its air-inclusive Antarctica soft-adventure voyages for new bookings made by July 31 on seven departures between Oct. 16 and Dec. 13. The discount can also be combined with an AARP member savings of $150 per cabin. Rates for the Nov and Dec 19-night "Antarctica and the Chilean Fjords" sailings are $5,045 to $6,945 with early-booking and AARP discounts. The 21-day October 16 voyage to "Antarctica, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands" is also being reduced by $450, to $5,030 to $6,140 per person. October through December is considered one of the best periods to see penguins making nests and laying eggs, and fur seals on ice floes. Check out the dramatic fjords, glaciers and wildlife, from humpback and killer whales to a vast variety of seabirds.
The deal applies to inside and outside cabins and includes round-trip flights between New York, Buenos Aires and Santiago; plus hotels and breakfast in the capital cities; Buenos Aires-Ushuaia and Santiago-Punta Arenas flights; all meals aboard ship; naturalist guides; guest lecturers; all Antarctica shore excursions; gratuities; port charges; air taxes and transfers.
And, It's Even Hotter If You're Single. . .
For five Norwegian Coastal Voyage sailings aboard the Nordnorge and Nordkapp -- a 21-day Antarctica/South Georgia/Falkland Islands journey departing Oct. 16 and four 19-day Antarctica/Chilean Fjords cruises on Nov. 1 and 29, and Dec. 6 and 13 -- the single supplement is being waived, plus the $300 early booking and $150 AARP discounts highlighted above also apply. Fares normally priced at $6,595 to $8,910, are now discounted to $5,030 to $6,945. The Dec. 27 and Jan. 3, 24 and 31 trips are also eligible for the single supplement waiver and AARP discounts; fares originally $7,200 to $9,105, are now $5,845 to $7,375. The special rates apply to inside and outside cabins and include round-trip flights between New York, Buenos Aires and Santiago, five-star hotels with breakfast, Buenos Aires-Ushuaia and Santiago-Punta Arenas flights, all meals aboard ship, naturalist guides, guest lecturers, gratuities, port charges, air taxes and transfers. New bookings must be made before July 31.
European Waterways (tel. (+44) (0)1784 482 439; www.gobarging.com) is offering a fleet of special fares on its barge hotels in Europe. Book one cabin and get the second one at 50 percent off (on same barge and departure date, but not applicable to single occupancy bookings and discount applies to lower priced cabin) on the following cruises:
- La Belle Epoque, Burgundy, France: July 30, Aug. 13 & 27
- L'Art de Vivre, Burgundy, France: July 2, Aug. 6 & 27
- Anjodi, Canal du Midi, South France: July 2
- Nymphea, Loire Valley, France: July 23, Aug. 6
- Actief, England: June 11 & 18; July 23; Aug. 6
- Scottish Highlander: June 11 & 16; July 23; Aug. 27
- Magna Carta: June 18 & 25; July 2, 9 & 6; Aug. 27
Other savings include 20 percent discounts on the Savoir Faire, Chablis, France cruises on June 11 and July 2. Upper Loire cruises start at US$5,890 per suite for 2 people for June 25 and July 9 and 16 departures (normal fare is $8,660 per suite) and River Thames cruises in England are now going for $1,000 off the normal per person rates (based on double occupancy), for June 25, July 9 and Aug. 6 departures. Plus, no single supplement applies for the majority of barge cruises in May, June, July and Aug. All fares include en suite accommodation, Champagne welcome, three gourmet meals a day with wines, open bar, shore excursions, admittance fees and local transfers.
The offers are subject to availability at time of booking and one offer can not be combined with other offers.
Low Cost Cruises With Costa
Italian-flavored Costa Cruises (tel. 800/GOCOSTA; www.costacruises.com) is offering some great deals on weeklong eastern and western Caribbean cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale.
If you book an oceanview cabin by June 30, 2006, up to two children 2 to 17 sail free aboard the CostaMagica and CostaMediterranea in the Caribbean when occupying the same cabin with two paying adults; kids sail for $199 if an inside cabin is booked. The kids-free promotion applies to these sailings and is applicable to oceanview cabins: the CostaMagica departing Nov. 19/Thanksgiving week, Nov. 26 and De.c 3 & 10, with rates starting as low as $849 per person; Magica's Dec. 17, 6-night cruise, going for $799 and up; 8-night New Year's cruises aboard the Magica or Mediterranea departing Dec. 30 start at $1,499; Costa Mediterranea's Feb. 11 and 25, March 11 and 25, and April 8/Easter 7 nighters are going for $899 and up; and the Mediterranea's 7-night cruises departing Dec. 16, Jan. 7, Feb. 4 and 18, March 4 and 18, and April 1, are starting at $849. Mention fare code AF for these Kids Free Sale deals.
To reap deals on balcony cabins and suites, book the Costa Mediterranea's 7-night western Caribbean cruises that depart Jan. 7, Feb. 4 and 18, March 4 and 18, and April 1 and start at $799 per person for balcony cabins and $1,199 for suites; balcony cabins on the 7-night Dec 16 eastern Caribbean cruise start at $699 and suites at $1,199. The Dec 30, 8-night New Year's cruise aboard Mediterranea starts at $1,499 for balcony cabins and $2,199 for suites. When booking, ask for fare code BO for Balcony Sale.
Restrictions may apply and offers are valid for new bookings only and expires on June 30, 2006.
Talk with fellow Frommer's cruisers on our Cruise Message Boards.