Pauline Frommer visits CNN to discuss how smart travelers can attend an Ivy League university, join a writing program, learn first aid, walk the halls of Oxford, or train as a blacksmith on their next vacation.
Pauline explains how you can:
- Participate in the University of Iowa's writing program for $500 a week in the summer (www.continuetolearn.uiowa.edu/iswfest/).
- Learn field ecology and first aid from the Audubon Society in Wisconsin or Minnesota from $100 a day (www.audubon.org/educate/programs/).
- Cornell University's adult summer program include courses for kids and adults alike (www.sce.cornell.edu).
- Attend Oxford University's summer program and study art, history, languges, and more (summerschool.conted.ox.ac.uk).
- Learn Blacksmithing, weaving, and quilting at John C. Campbell Folk School in North Carolina for $900 a week (www.folkschool.org).
Find out more about the Pauline Frommer Travel Guide series, read articles by Pauline, and listen to Podcasts at Pauline's page on Frommers.com.