Moment's Notice, that Brooklyn-based center of last-minute bargains, is stirring up the pot in the Caribbean with package deals for The Bahamas, Curacao and Jamaica. Travel is valid through the end of 2003, but you have until only April 15, 2003 to book your reservations. These combos are all all-inclusive, with roundtrip coach airfare from JFK or Newark (and other cities for a surcharge), roundtrip transfers, hotel rooms, all meals, all drinks, non-motorized water sports, hotels taxes and service charges.
Here are some sample deals at three nights, but remember, you can book for four nights, five nights or seven nights.
- Breezes Bahamas in Nassau has 400 rooms for couples, singles and adult families (you have to be 14 and older to qualify as an adult) and it's near casinos. You can get three nights from New York for $539 through April 13, then rates go up to $609 and $629 for rest of the year
- You'll pay $729 through April 13 for three nights at the Breezes Curacao for departures out of either New York or Miami; from April 14 on prices range between $739-769. The property, marketed to adult couples and singles, has 341 rooms and an on-site casino. Families with children are welcome at Camp Breezes adjacent to the resort.
- Starfish Trelawny Beach: 350 rooms, 40 pool & garden cottages. Includes airfare from New York. Prices start from $519 for three nights until April 13, then $499-$509 the rest of the year.
- Breezes Montego Bay. For the same crowd as Breezes Bahamas. $569 out of New York for three nights, up to $579 the rest of the year.
- Breezes Runaway Bay. Same as Breezes Bahamas for guest definitions. $659 for three nights out of New York, down to $649 or up to $669 rest of the year.
- Hedonism II & III. Hedonism III is for singles and couples (18 and over), both places described as "a non-stop party." $759 out of New York for three nights, through April 13, $709 to $739 rest of the year.
- Grand Lido Braco: A recreated seaside village with cobblestone streets. $759 out of New York for three nights, as low as $729 the rest of the year.
- Grand Lido Sans Souci: For couples, singles and adult families (16 and over). Elegant is the word to use here. $799 for three nights out of New York, as low as $769 the rest of the year.
- Grand Lido Negril: The place to get pampered with gourmet dining, a spa, golf and more. Couples, singles and adult families age 16 and over. $839 for three nights out of New York, as low as $809 the rest of the year.
For all the above, add-ons available from other gateway cities, including, for example, $0/$139 out of Miami or $259/$299 out of Los Angeles.