With summer road trip season upon us, Frommer's has expanded our partnership with Road.Travel to help you go on the adventure of a lifetime.
Road.Travel offers highly interactive digital guides for road trips. Purchase an itinerary using the mobile device of your choice and the platform will lead you along the curated route as you drive, serving up suggested stops with photographs and smartly written text about all the places you might go.
Additionally, Road.Travel displays a constantly evolving map of upcoming suggested stops. Voice guidance and in-car navigation are both in the works, too.
The Frommer’s page on the platform now not only has road trips created by Frommer’s authors, but also a selection of rewarding drives curated by us. Among those recommended routes:
The road trips created by Frommer's authors, meanwhile, highlight the top sights of California. Choose from these great Golden State adventures:
• California Desert: Joshua Tree, Palm Springs, and the San Andreas Fault (originating in Los Angeles)
• Exploring Vineyards and Variety in California's Top Wine Regions (originating in Napa)
• Journey Along the Majestic Side of California's Sierra (originating in South Lake Tahoe)
• The Riches of California's Gold Country (originating in Sacramento)
• California’s Redwood Empire (originating in San Francisco)
We’ve also introduced an annual subscription option, offering unlimited access to our entire catalog of road trip guides. With a subscription, you won't have to purchase each itinerary separately and you'll stay up-to-date on future additions to our road trip collection.
Road.Travel is accessible via the web but optimized for a mobile experience. The technology allows travelers to get inspired before the journey by exploring maps and recommendations. Then when it's time to hit the road, follow the route using the Drive Mode with convenient, familiar navigation apps.
To learn more or to purchase a road trip, go to Frommers.Road.Travel.