- Tigh-Na-Mara Resort Hotel (Parksville; tel. 800/663-7373): Comfortably rustic log cabins in a forest at beach's edge: Tigh-Na-Mara has been welcoming families for decades, and the new luxury log suites are just right for romantic getaways.
- Strathcona Park Lodge (Strathcona Provincial Park; tel. 250/286-3122): A summer camp for the whole family is what you'll find at Strathcona Park Lodge, with rustic lakeside cabins and guided activities that range from sea kayaking and fishing to rock climbing and mountaineering.
- Rockwater Secret Cove Resort (Half Moon Bay; tel. 877/296-4593): Stroll the boardwalk above the waters of the Strait of Georgia to your platform tent -- filled with all the luxuries of a high-end hotel room. "Glamour Camping" is all the vogue, and it's hard to imagine a more scenic locale to rediscover tenting joys, particularly from the resort's outdoor "spa without walls."
- Buffalo Mountain Lodge (Banff; tel. 800/661-1367): Rustic charm meets upscale comfort on the Tunnel Mountain bluff behind Banff. Buffalo Mountain Lodge is centered on a large, handsome log lodge building with an intimate fireplace-dominated bar and elegant dining room. The woodsy, holiday-card-perfect atmosphere extends to the guest rooms, with fireplaces, slate-tiled bathrooms, and balconies overlooking the forests. Definitely worth the splurge.
- Tekarra Lodge (Jasper; tel. 888/962-2522): Quaint little cabins ring a central lodge building at this well-loved getaway. The cabins are atmospherically rustic; best of all, you're a mile distant from Jasper's busy town center.
- Becker's Chalets (Jasper; tel. 780/852-3779): These very attractive new cabins are set right along the Athabasca River. Some units are as large as houses. Jasper's best restaurant is here as well.
- Overlander Mountain Lodge (Jasper East; tel. 877/866-2330): Forget the wildly overpriced rooms in Jasper Townsite and stay here, just .5km (1/3 mile) outside the park gates. Lovely new cabins plus a handsome older lodge with a good restaurant make this an in-the-know favorite.
- The Emerald Lake Lodge (Yoho National Park; tel. 800/663-6336): Location, location, location: Sumptuous lakeside cabins at the base of the Continental Divide make this a longtime favorite family-vacation spot.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.