advertisement

This flamboyant late-Gothic church, dating from around 1400 to 1594, was paid for by the city’s powerful Guild of Crossbowmen. It is noted for its four-fold gallery with brightly colored stained-glass windows, illuminated from the inside at night, in striking contrast with the gray-white arches and walls. Worth seeing are the two baroque chapels decorated with funeral symbols in white marble. The church is the burial place of several members of the aristocratic German Thorn und Taxis dynasty, servants of the Habsburg empire, who lived in place du Petit Sablon .