The museum, also known as the Museum of Hispanic Art, is in the town hall, once the archbishop’s palace designed by Louis XIV’s chief architect in 1669. A beautiful formal garden designed by Le Nôtre stretches out to the south. Inside the rooms house the second largest collection of Spanish art in France after the Louvre from antiquity to the 20th century. The museum also houses 16th-century tapestries, some outstanding sculpture, and paintings by Spanish artists from the 15th to the 20th centuries including works by Velázquez and Murillo. Despite the museum’s name, only a few works by Francisco Goya are on display. Pierre Briguiboul, son of the Castres-born artist Marcel Briguiboul, donated these to the town in 1894. On show are portraits, including the famous Self-portrait with Glasses.