- League of Chicago Theatres (www.chicagoplays.com): If you're planning to catch a show while in town, visit this comprehensive theater site, where you can search specific dates to see what's playing.
- Metromix (www.chicago.metromix.com): Operated by the Chicago Tribune, this site features expanded versions of the newspaper's entertainment and restaurant coverage. It's a good place to check reviews and get an early look at new bars and nightclubs.
- The Chicago Reader (www.chicagoreader.com): The site of the city's alternative weekly paper is the place to find extensive coverage of the local music scene and reviews of smaller theater productions.
- Time Out Chicago (www.timeout.com/chicago): The online entertainment magazine covers food, music, the art scene, and shopping with a slightly irreverent attitude. Scroll through the site's extensive event listings, and you'll find more than enough cool happenings to keep you busy while you're here.
- Choose Chicago (www.choosechicago.com): This local government site gives a good overview of festivals, parades, and other upcoming events in town.
- Chicagoist (http://chicagoist.com): Want to see what issues have Chicagoans riled up? Check out this sounding board for local news (an offshoot of the New York–centric site Gothamist.com), which covers everything from government corruption scandals to the latest celebrity sightings.
- LTH Forum (www.lthforum.com/bb/index.php): Local foodies come to this bulletin board to get the scoop on hot new restaurant openings. The site also keeps a running list of "Great Neighborhood Restaurants," if you're looking for places with character rather than buzz.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.