It’s important to prepare for any trip, including one to Colorado’s major cities. While not difficult to plan for relative to many far-flung destinations, the specifics of Colorado--particularly its high elevation, limited intercity transportation, and wide variety of lodging options--require more than a little forethought. This section offers a variety of planning tools--information on when to go, how to get there, how to get around, and other tips.
- Are there any special requirements for your destination? Vaccinations? Special visas, passports, or IDs? Detailed road maps? Bug repellents? Appropriate attire?
- Did you find out your daily ATM withdrawal limit?
- Do you have your credit card PIN? If you have a five- or six-digit PIN, did you obtain a four-digit number from your bank?
- To check in at a kiosk with an e-ticket, do you have the credit card you bought your ticket with or a frequent-flier card?
- Did you bring your ID cards that could entitle you to discounts, such as AAA and AARP cards, student IDs, and so on?
- Did you leave a copy of your itinerary with someone at home?
- Do any theater, restaurant, or travel reservations need to be booked in advance?
- Do you want to attend a Denver Broncos game? If so, call early--home games sell out months ahead.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.