Completed in 1791, this beautifully proportioned Georgian building has a long classical facade of graceful pavilions, arcades, and a central dome topped by a statue of Commerce. The 14 keystones over the doors and windows are known as the Riverine Heads, because they represent the Atlantic Ocean and the 13 principal rivers of Ireland. Although it burned to a shell in 1921, the building has been masterfully restored. The exterior is the main attraction here, and most of the interior is closed to the public; those with a real interest in finding out more about the building can drop by the small visitor center, which has exhibits and an audiovisual presentation telling the story of its reconstruction.
Custom House Quay, Dublin 1
Our Rating Hours Visitor center: mid-Mar to Nov Mon–Fri 10am–12:30pm, 2–5pm; Sat–Sun and public holidays 2–5pm. Dec to mid-Mar Wed–Fri 10am–12:30pm, 2–5pm; Sun 2–5pm Transportation Luas: Busáras. Bus: 27C, 41X, 53A, 90, 90A, 92, 151, 747, 748 Phone 01/888-2000 Prices Admission €2 adults; €4 families; students free
MapCustom House Quay, Dublin 1 Dublin
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.