Constructed in 1303 and partially rebuilt after a fire in 1334, this is the city's oldest house. The building underwent several transformations over the centuries before opening as a museum in 1986. The front wall is typical 17th century, with gray paint, white joints, and stone sculpted heads. The house contains a courtyard with a staircase, a 13th-century cellar, and a back garden. The museum exhibits historical collections from Geneva dating from the Middle Ages to the mid-19th century. The Magnin relief in the attic is outstanding, as is the copper-and-zinc model of Geneva in 1850, which is accompanied by a light-and-recorded commentary. Objects of daily use are displayed in the old living quarters. Postcards, books, slides, and small guidebooks are available at the bookstand.