This was the largest and finest open space in East London when it opened in 1845, the capital’s first public park. Bordered by canals and divided in two by Grove Road, it covers an area of just under 87 hectares (220 acres) and contains two lakes, formal gardens, sports facilities, and a bandstand. Other notable features include a Grade IIlisted 1862 drinking fountain and two arches from the pre-1831 London Bridge—now turned into benches. In summer, big music events such as Lovebox come here. The park also forms the central section of the Jubilee Greenway Walk, a route marked out in 2009 with glass paving slabs in honor of the queen’s Diamond Jubilee, and stretching for exactly 60km (37 miles)—1 kilometer for each year of her reign—from Buckingham Palace to the Olympic Park. She doesn’t use it.