- Fairmont Kea Lani (Wailea): This Wailea resort offers a quiet beachfront locale, massive suites, residential-sized villas, a plethora of pools, an expert spa with a thoughtful wellness program, and excellent dining, from the fresh poke bowls in the marketplace to the gourmet take on plantation fare at Ko. Sunsets are mesmerizing, especially when accompanied by an artisan cocktail in the resort’s Luana Lounge.
- Four Seasons Resorts (Wailea and Lanai): The vast Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea and the more intimate Four Seasons Resort Lanai have very different styles in architecture and decor, but both share a commitment to service and unique experiences for all ages that is hard to beat. Dining is pricey but impeccable.
- Hotel Wailea (Wailea): A rare adults-only oasis on this family-friendly island, this Relais & Chateaux boutique hotel radiates style and serenity from its hilltop garden setting. It offers beach shuttle service, but it may be hard to pull yourself away from the daybeds and artisan cocktails at the pool.
- Montage Kapalua Bay (Kapalua): The luxurious residential villas, uncrowded tiered and infinity pools, and unparalleled spa seem hidden from public view here—and that’s a big part of its quiet appeal, along with easy access to sandy beaches and snorkeling coves.
- Travaasa Hana (Hana): Nestled in the center of quaint Hana town, this 66-acre resort wraps around Kauiki Head, the dramatic point where Queen Kaahumanu was born. You’ll feel like royalty in one of the Sea Ranch Cottages here. Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors open to spacious lanais, some with private hot tubs. You’ll be far from shopping malls and sports bars, but black- and gold-sand beaches are a short walk or shuttle ride away. Immerse yourself in the resort's long list of Hawaiian cultural activities or just soak in the tranquility.
- Wailea Beach Resort (Wailea): A $100-million transformation of this Marriott property added more of what Wailea is known for—high style, high-end restaurants, and higher prices—but also a unique, fun-loving esprit all of its own, from playful lawn sculptures to elaborate pools and its own food truck.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.