The former Alcázar Real was built first by Muslim rulers in 1281, then significantly modified by the kings of Arágon who held sway here over the next few centuries and made this their royal residence when they came to Mallorca. Opposite the cathedral, it is surrounded by Moorish-style gardens and fountains. The palace museum displays antiques, artwork, suits of armor, and Gobelin tapestries. The grounds have panoramic views of the harbor.
- Frommer's Staff