The rough stone building, an astonishingly handsome edifice, was built in 1370. The top floor, which the French added in the 16th century, has three “hideaway” rooms; one snugly fits a family. Though the rooms don't have the antique ambiance of the public areas, they're still quite nicely accoutered with good quality beds, fine wood furnishings and modern bathrooms. A lounge, bar, Austrian cafe and jewelry shop are open downstairs.