Siem Reap is full of helpful traveler services and information. In fact, most hotels and guesthouses can help you arrange all of the essentials. Below are a few service providers we'd recommend among the many others you'll see in the area.
- Diethelm, House No. 470, Krous Village, Svay Dangkum Commune, Siem Reap (tel. 063/963-524; fax 063/963-694; DT_Cambodia@kh.diethelmtravel.com). Providing all local and regional services, Diethelm is a top international tour operator, offering classic tours in Angkor as well as anywhere in the region.
- Exotissimo, New Bldg. B, 2021 St. 60MK, Siem Reap (tel. 063/964-323; fax 063/963-621; www.exotissimo.com). Like Diethelm, above, Exo is a large conglomerate, with offices throughout the region, with a wide range of options including luxury, volunteering, and cycling tours. Mostly for larger budgets.
- Osmose, at Sam Veasna Center for Wildlife Conservation (tel. 063/963-710; www.osmosetonlesap.net). Offering high-end tours to the far-flung coastal areas of the Tonle Sap Lake, Osmose levies high fees for its popular eco-tours in order to maintain high standards of low environmental impact, and to fund its efforts at encouraging sustainable development and preservation in the region.
- Terre Cambodge, 668 Hup Guan St. (tel. 092/476-682; www.terrecambodge.com). Catering to many of the French tourists who flock to Siem Reap and have deeper pockets, Terre Cambodge arranges adventure trips to the farther-flung reaches in the area, ranging from off-the-map destinations along Tonle Sap to little-known jungle temples far from Angkor.
Here are just a few of the more reliable companies that come at a cheaper rate. Hotel or guesthouse front desks can, for free or a small fee, arrange tickets with one of the companies listed below. In fact, popular Capitol Guesthouse and more upscale Mekong Express Tours don't even have offices in town, and must be booked through hotel front desks.
- Neak Krorhorm Travel and Tours, just adjacent to the Old Market (east side; tel. 063/964-924), is a good one for onward bus connections to rural stops like Battambang. In fact, book with one of the other operators and you'll likely end up waiting for the bus out in front of these offices.
- PTM, right in the heart of the bar street near the Old Market (tel. 063/964-388; fax 063/965-486; www.ptm.com.kh) offers basic bus services and can book flights.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.