Students in South Korea receive discounts on everything from subway passes to entry fees to museums. You need to have a photo ID to receive most discounts.

The International Student Travel Confederation's International Student Identity Card qualifies students for substantial savings. It also provides students with basic health and life insurance and a 24-hour help line. The card is valid for a maximum of 18 months. You can apply for the card online or in person at STA Travel (tel. 800/781-4040 in North America; If you're 25 or under, you can get their International Youth Travel Card (IYTC), which entitles you to some discounts. Travel CUTS (tel. 800/592-2887; offers similar services for both Canadians and U.S. residents. Irish students may prefer to turn to USIT (tel. 01/602-1904;

Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.