At the southwestern end of the town, just outside the walls on Viale della Consolazione, lies Todi's High Renaissance masterpiece. Construction began in 1508 under Cola da Caprarola, who may have had Donato Bramante's help in the design. Before it was finished in 1607, its register of architects included Antonio Sangallo the Younger, Vignola, and Peruzzi, among others. It reposes in quiet, serious massiveness on a small, grassy plot. Although huge (its main dome its 70m/230 ft. high), it carries its mass compactly, with all lines curving inward and the domes and rounded transept apses keeping the structure cubically centered. The interior, however, is nothing special.