This gorgeous neighborhood park was originally part of a military reserve when Toronto was still a small town called York and the British troops were garrisoned at Fort York. Eventually, parcels were sold to retiring officers, but in 1851, Bishop John Strachan bought up some of the land in order to found a college. Strachan was furious at the University of Toronto's decision to become a secular school, and he founded the Anglican Trinity College in 1852 (of course, Trinity is now part of the University, though it has kept its Anglican traditions). The buildings were torn down, but the impressive stone-and-wrought-iron gates that face Queen Street West still remain, and there are Victorian lampposts illuminating the main paths at night. Given the colorful neighborhood it's located in (the Art & Design District), it's no surprise that Trinity Bellwoods has hosted some interesting events, including an anarchist book fair and weekly, ongoing drumming circles. It's a family park, good for picnics and people-watching. Be on the lookout for the legendary albino squirrels who reside here -- there's a coffee shop across the street named in honor of the rodents.