Built by 18th-century slaves, this original 1780 sugar works structure was once part of a thriving harborside sugar plantation. Inside is a treasure trove of island artifacts, including old muskets, coal irons, bedding stuffed with banana leaves, woven baskets; a maritime display; a native folk medicine exhibit (slate bush is good for the kidneys, and angelica works for cataracts and colds); and a rotating art gallery.