It's worthwhile to bring along your valid high school or college ID, since many museums and other Virginia attractions have discounted admissions for students.

Check out its website of the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC; for comprehensive travel services information and details on how to get an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which qualifies students for substantial savings on rail passes, plane tickets, entrance fees, and more. It also provides students with basic health and life insurance and a 24-hour help line. The card is valid for a maximum of 18 months.

Alcoholic beverages cannot be sold in the United States to anyone who is under 21, so if you're eligible and intend to imbibe, bring your driver's license or another photo identification with your date of birth.

Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.