The Wyoming Business Council Travel & Tourism Division, 1520 Etchepare Circle, Cheyenne, WY 82007 (tel. 800/225-5996 or 307/777-7777; www.wyomingtourism.org), distributes summer and winter editions of the Travelers Journal, an informative guide with information about sights and towns in the state's five travel areas -- Devils Tower/Buffalo Bill Country in the north and east, Oregon Trail/Rendezvous Country in central Wyoming, Medicine Bow/Flaming Gorge Country along the southern border, Jackson Hole/Jim Bridger Country in the west, and Grand Teton and Yellowstone -- as well as special features on everything from geology to adventure travel. They also furnish maps, cultural and park guides, and other information.
Online Traveler's Toolbox
Veteran travelers usually carry some essential items to make their trips easier. Following is a selection of handy online tools to bookmark and use.
- Airplane Food (www.airlinemeals.net)
- Airplane Seating (www.seatguru.com; www.airlinequality.com)
- Foreign Languages for Travelers (www.travlang.com)
- Maps (www.mapquest.com)
- Time and Date (www.timeanddate.com)
- Travel Warnings (http://travel.state.gov, www.fco.gov.uk/travel, www.voyage.gc.ca, www.dfat.gov.au)
- Universal Currency Converter (www.xe.com/ucc)
- Visa ATM Locator (www.visa.com), MasterCard ATM Locator (www.mastercard.com)
- Weather (www.intellicast.com; www.weather.com)
- Other tourism websites: Montana (www.visitmt.com); Wyoming (www.wyomingtourism.org); National Park Service (www.nps.gov)
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.