Fall is normally New York City's most busy and expensive season, with hundreds of thousands of travelers descending on the city for business meetings, Broadway show weekends, the Halloween parade, the New York City Marathon, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, pre-Christmas shopping, and much more.
But, as we all know, nothing is normal anymore. Which is why the city's official tourism department, NYC & Co., has convinced almost every major museum in the city to throw a sale. A slew of hotels and shows are joining them.
The sale will run through October 31. Here's a quick look at the discounts:
• Museum of the City of New York (Fridays only)
• Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
• Museum of Art and Design
• Staten Island Museum at Snug Harbor
• Stomp (the long-running off-Broadway show)
• Second Stage Theater's Letters from Suresh
• Queen's Botanical Garden
• Alice Austen House
• Dizzy's Club Coca Cola (part of Jazz at Lincoln center)
• The Museum of the Moving Image
• Blue Man Group
• 92nd Street Y (lectures and performances)
• Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
• The Shed
• Carnegie Hall
• Irish Repertory Theater
On the hotel side, some properties (including the New York Marriott Marquis and DoubleTree by Hilton in Times Square) are throwing in free parking, while others are offering package perks such as room discounts. For the list of special offers at the city's hotels, click over to the NYC & Co. website and scroll down to the Hotel Deals section.
All of the deals, no matter what tourism category they're in, are listed on NYCGo.com, the official NYC & Co. website.