You can be in The Bahamas after a quick 35-minute jet hop from Miami. And it's never been easier to take advantage of great package deals that can make these islands a terrific value.
If your papers are in order, flying to The Bahamas is like flying to Florida if you live on the Eastern Seaboard. Unless you run into transportation delays because of bad weather, it should be no hassle at all before you land on a beach strip.
Online Traveler's Toolbox
Veteran travelers usually carry some essential items to make their trips easier. Following is a selection of handy online tools to bookmark and use.
- Airplane Food (www.airlinemeals.net)
- Airplane Seating (www.seatguru.com and www.airlinequality.com)
- Foreign Languages for Travelers (www.travlang.com)
- Maps (www.mapquest.com)
- Time and Date (www.timeanddate.com)
- Travel Warnings (http://travel.state.gov, www.fco.gov.uk/travel, or www.voyage.gc.ca)
- Universal Currency Converter (www.xe.com/ucc)
- Visa ATM Locator (http://usa.visa.com), MasterCard ATM Locator (www.mastercard.com)
- Weather (www.intellicast.com and www.weather.com)
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.