At the corner of Lewetzov and Jagow streets is a Jewish War Memorial to the many Berliners who were deported -- ??mostly to their deaths -- ??from 1941 until the end of the war in 1945. The memorial is a life-size sculpture of a freight car with victims being dragged into it. Behind it is a 15m (50--ft.) structure listing the dates of the various death trains and the number of prisoners shipped out. The memorial stands on the site of a former synagogue destroyed by the Nazis.