advertisement

Located on the grounds of Hitler’s SS and the Gestapo Headquarters, this modern concrete and glass building provides historical information on National Socialism and its crimes against humanity. From this site between 1933 and 1945, the Nazi regime orchestrated the genocide of European Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, and political opponents. It’s a site of “remembrance and learning,” with a documentation center that opened in 2010, 65 years after the end of World War II.