- Machneyuda (Jerusalem): At the edge of the Market District, this favorite offers the country’s most inventive (and luxurious) menu, lively spirit, and a joy-filled open kitchen where you can watch three master chefs at work.
- Jerusalem’s Machane Yehuda Market: This enormous market for produce, spices, and exotic ingredients is dotted with tiny no-name, genuine eateries and a sprinkling of new boutique food shops and gourmet restaurants. Sip fresh almond milk, munch sweet grapes or a bag of fresh-from-the-oven ruggele pastry, and let the aromas, sights, and mountains of foods overwhelm you.
- Raphael (Tel Aviv): The dining adventure here begins with the famous house bread, and Chef Rafi Cohen keeps things interesting and delicious from there. Mediterranean views enhance a meal here.
- Shila-Sharon Cohen's Kitchen and Bar (Tel Aviv): This posh fish restaurant is always busy and for a good reason: Chef Sharon Cohen consistently turns out some of the best seafood in the city. Dining here is as much a social as a culinary experience.
- Hotel Montefiore restaurant (Tel Aviv): While the Hotel Montefiore is indeed a hotel (albeit a small one with just 12 rooms), most Tel Avivians know the place better for its gourmet restaurant. Whether you come for breakfast, lunch, or a late dinner, you will have an unforgettably flavorful experience.
- Decks (Tiberias): With a setting that floats on the surface of the Sea of Galilee like a dream, Decks offers luxurious meats and fish expertly grilled over olive- and citrus-wood fires. As an extra, go on a complimentary postdinner disco cruise. Decks is kosher and a great choice for a memorable evening at moderate-to-expensive prices.
- Helena (Caesarea): With vistas of the sea, waves lapping at its terrace, and a great young chef designing its menu, this restaurant, set amid the ruins of Caesarea, may be the most romantic spot in Israel for a gourmet meal, especially when the sun sets over the Mediterranean.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.