- www.kultur.gov.tr is the official site of the Turkish Ministry of Culture, and an excellent source for information and links to the country's major arts events.
- www.tourismturkey.org is the website of the Ministry of Tourism.
- www.hurriyet.com and www.todayszamam.com/tz-web, the sites for two of Turkey's major dailies, allow you to plug into real-time issues in English.
- www.mymerhaba.com is for expatriates by expatriates, but we like to eavesdrop on them, too.
- http://cat.une.edu.au provides a wealth of coordinated information on all archaeological works being conducted in Turkey. Information is arranged by age and by site.
- www.istanbul2010.org is the go-to site for all things cultural happening in Istanbul during the city's reign as cultural capital of Europe.
- www.byzantium1200.com is a nonprofit research project whose goal is to create computer models of Constantinople and its monuments during the Byzantine era. Models are constructed based on all available information, including scholarly and historic accounts as well as historical paintings, and depict buildings, structures, and monuments as they would have appeared in 1200 had they been optimally maintained (by 1200, much of the city was, in reality, in an irretrievable state of decay). Byzantium 1200 also puts out a companion guide to the Byzantine sites in Istanbul called Walking Thru Byzantium.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.