- Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort (Montego Bay): This is a honeymoon haven despite a nearby airport of zooming jets. Everything's included, even the notorious toga parties; this place is for couples who want to have a good time. Guests tend to be extroverted and gregarious, and eat and drink their money's worth. We think it's outclassed by better resorts at Ocho Rios, but many vacationers seem to prefer this location.
- Sandals Royal Plantation (Ocho Rios): Less than 3km (2 miles) east of Ocho Rios, the main house of this all-inclusive resort evokes an antebellum Southern mansion. Among its luxurious touches is the finest hotel spa on the North Coast.
- Couples San Souci (Ocho Rios): "Any man and woman in love" are pampered and coddled here; the resort even offers its own private island where couples can bask in the buff. It's more upscale and, we think, classier than either of the Sandals resorts in the Ocho Rios area. Accommodations are top quality, and the food is among the best in the area: Four restaurants serve widely varied cuisine.
- Sandals Royal Plantation Spa & Golf Resort (Ocho Rios): This 18-hectare (45-acre) resort is one of the top all-inclusives in the Ocho Rios area. The lodgings consist of one-, two-, and three-bedroom villas, each with its own pool and fully equipped kitchen. The dining choices are the best of any of the competing resorts. It's not directly on the beach, but it offers a beauty spa and a health-and-fitness center.
- Hedonism III (Runaway Bay; tel. 877/467-8737 in the U.S. and Canada, or 876/973-4100): Serene and isolated, this all-inclusive is the most fun-oriented hotel on the North Coast. It rents rooms to both singles and couples over age 15. There are two good beaches: one where you can wear your suit, and another that's au naturel.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.