By the harbor, this long red building, which dates back to 1790, houses the tourist information center, a cafe, and the local folk museum. One wing is devoted to sculptor Ríkarður Jónsson (1888-1977), whose wood carvings and busts display real talent and delicacy. The folk history exhibit in the loft is like a country antique store, with items such as old cash registers and typewriters, a butter churn, and a harmonium.