Built for John W. Auchincloss in 1887, this shingled Victorian mansion was used for the wedding reception of John F. Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier (whose mother was married to an Auchincloss), in 1953. It subsequently became the unofficial summer White House of the short Kennedy presidency. It was sold in 1997 and sold again 2 years later, and it is no longer open to the public. It can still be seen from the road, however.