- Puu Ualakaa State Park: Watching the sun set into the Pacific from a 1,048-foot hill named after a sweet potato is actually much more romantic than it sounds. Puu Ualakaa translates into "Rolling Sweet Potato Hill," which refers to how the early Hawaiians harvested the crop. Don't miss the sweeping panoramic views, which extend from Diamond Head across Waikiki and downtown Honolulu, over the airport and Pearl City, all the way to the Waianae range. Catch great photo ops during the day, romantic sunset views in the evening, and starry skies at night.
- Nuuanu Pali Lookout: Oahu's best-looking side, the Windward Coast, can be seen in its full glory from the Nuuanu Pali Lookout, a gusty perch set amid jagged cliffs piercing the puffy white clouds that go racing by. A thousand feet below, the island is a carpet of green that runs to an azure Pacific dotted by tiny offshore islets. You'll feel like you're standing on the edge of the world.
- Diamond Head Crater: The view from atop this world-famous 720-foot-tall sleeping volcano is not to be missed. The 360-degree view from Koko Crater to Barbers Point and the Waianae mountains is worth the 560-foot hike.
- Lanikai Beach: This is one of the best places on Oahu to greet the sunrise. Watch the sky slowly move from pitch black to burnt orange as the sun begins to rise over the two tiny offshore islands of Mokulua. This is a five-senses experience: birds singing the sun up; a gentle breeze on your face; the taste of salt in the air; the smell of the ocean, the sand, and the fragrant flowers nearby; and the kaleidoscope of colors as another day dawns.
- Puu O Mahuka Heiau: Once the largest sacrificial temple on Oahu, Puu O Mahuka Heiau is now a state historic site. Located on a 300-foot bluff, the heiau encompasses some 5 acres. Hawaiians still come here to pray — you may see offerings such as ti leaves, flowers, and fruit. Don't disturb the offerings or walk on the stones — it's very disrespectful. The view from this bluff is awe-inspiring, from Waimea Bay all the way to Kaena Point.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.