- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (Orlando) This magnificent Victorian inn—the Disney hotel with the lushest reputation—has an opulent five-story lobby complete with a Chinese Chippendale aviary. An orchestra plays big-band music every evening near Victoria & Albert's, the resort's five-star restaurant.
- Gaylord Palms (Lake Buena Vista): This destination resort run by Marriott features impeccable service, themed guest rooms (the Emerald Bay rooms are the best) with high-end amenities, a dazzling 4 1/2-acre glass-topped atrium, and (best of all) a branch of the Relâche Spa.
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort (Orlando): This standout has some impressive treats, including a half-acre pool with a dozen waterfalls and 3 spas, 12 tennis courts, 4 Jack Nicklaus-designed golf courses, and a 45-acre nature walk. All that adds up to luxury, pure and simple, and a feeling of a fully self-contained world.
- Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World True five-star luxury right on Disney property. Some rooms have a clear view of the nightly fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. The pool area is massive, and babysitting—and, miracle of miracles, kids' club activities—are included in the rate.
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando (Grande Lakes): Perks at this posh getaway, set in the Grande Lakes Resort a few miles east of SeaWorld, include luxurious rooms with first-class amenities, a 40,000-square-foot spa, a championship golf course, excellent child-care facilities, and a tropically landscaped lazy river.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando (Lake Buena Vista): The elegance of New York's original Waldorf Astoria is not lost here. Boasting an impressive address (surrounded on three sides by Disney World and nestled against the Bonnet Creek Nature Preserve), this grand hotel brings with it luxurious rooms, unmatched service, a formal cabana-lined pool, a Guerlain Spa, a championship golf course, a variety of dining options, and even private transportation to Disney parks.
- The Alfond Inn (Winter Park): Well away from the clatter of the theme park district among the Spanish moss and brick lanes of Winter Park, the Alfond, whose income endows the students at Rollins College, is stocked with world-class contemporary art and was designed at all steps (from restaurant to rooms) to appeal to sophisticated palates.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.