Never leave home without your student I.D. card. Visitors from overseas should arm themselves with an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which offers local savings on rail passes, plane tickets, entrance fees, and much more. Each country’s card offers slightly different benefits (in the U.S., for example, it provides you with basic health and life insurance and a 24-hour helpline). Apply before departing in your country of origin. In the U.S. or Canada, visit; in Australia,; in New Zealand, U.K. students should carry their NUS card. If you’re no longer a student but are still younger than 26, you can get an International Youth Travel Card (IYTC), which entitles you to a more limited range of discounts.

Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.