The Web makes it simple to do additional research before you leave home. The following sites provide a range of information:
- www.kultur.gov.tr is the official site of the Turkish Ministry of Culture and an excellent source for information and links to the country's major arts events.
- www.tourismturkey.org is the website of the Ministry of Tourism.
- www.hurriyetdailynews.com, www.todayszaman.com, www.aa.com.tr (Anadolu Ajansi, the state-run agency) and www.turkishpress.com, the sites for Turkey's English-language dailies, allow you to plug in to real-time issues.
- www.mymerhaba.com is for expatriates by expatriates, but it's useful to eavesdrop on them, too.
- http://cat.une.edu.au is a handy little resource that holds compiled information on all archaeological work being conducted in Turkey.
- www.byzantium1200.com provides an illustrated anthology of Byzantine sites in Istanbul.
- www.tavairports.com is operated by the company that manages Turkey's major airports.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.