- Universal Hotel that's Nearest to the Parks: Hard Rock Hotel is right outside the gates of Universal Studios Florida.
- Most Inexpensive Hotel: The two-building Endless Summer Resort is the cheapest hotel associated with any of the Orlando theme parks—it's even cheaper than Disney's. Rooms are spacious and often high-rise, which makes their grounds more compact and easier for kids to navigate than Disney's massive, rambling resorts.
- Most Romantic Hotel: Portofino Bay Hotel rips a page from Vegas resort theming—it imitates a gorgeous European locale, which in this case is the tiny Italian port town of Portofino.
- Best Hotel for Families: The '50s-themed Cabana Bay has plenty of family room, a huge, playful pool area, and it also connects directly with Volcano Bay theme park via a side door.
- Biggest Secret: The elegant Royal Pacific Resort doesn't have the gimmicks of some of its sister hotels, so it sometimes gets overlooked, but its location close to Islands of Adventure makes it Universal's luxury sleeper hit, if that's the phrase. Loews Sapphire Falls Resort requires a 10-minute ferry ride to the parks, but it's spacious, never too crazy, and the prices are decent—we often choose it when we want a low-stress visit.
- Most Sophisticated: The Universal’s Aventura Hotel feels like a slice of Miami's South Beach in Orlando. Unlike the other Universal resorts, which are close to the ground and landscaped, it's a tower, which affords it urban style that includes a rooftop bar with a great view of the city.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.