- Outside the House of Mouse, the Nickelodeon Family Suites features two- and three-bedroom Kid Suites, multilevel water slides, extensive play areas, and an all-Nickelodeon decor. Floridays Resort Orlando features two- and three-bedroom suites with all the comforts of home, an inviting pool and play area, and grocery delivery.
- Best Inexpensive Hotels: Outside of Disney, the Comfort Suites Maingate Resort offers spacious rooms and plenty of amenities at reasonable rates. It's one of the nicest inexpensive properties in the Kissimmee area and is only 1 1/2 miles west of Disney.
- Best for Business Travelers: The Gaylord Palms, Marriott Orlando World Center, and Peabody Orlando offer full concierge service, excellent restaurants, spacious lounges, and an extensive array of business services, while the Hyatt Place Universal is a good option for the more budget-conscious business set.
- Best Location: The Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel, and Royal Pacific Resort are within walking distance of both Universal Orlando parks, and there's also boat service to the dock at CityWalk.
- Best Service: The elegant Peabody Orlando offers attentive pampering from one of the best staffs in the area. At the Reunion Resort Orlando, a personal concierge ensures guests are treated to top-notch service. At the Waldorf Astoria Orlando, attentive service is legendary, with a concierge staff trained to follow the standards of Les Clefs d'Or, an elite group of the world's top concierges.
- Best Pools: Outside the Disney complex, the best resort pool in Orlando can be found at the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. It's a half-acre, lagoonlike, water-world pool that flows through rock grottoes, is spanned by a rope bridge, and has 12 waterfalls and two steep water slides. The 24,000-square-foot lazy river pool shared by the Ritz-Carlton and JW Marriott Orlando at Grande Lakes, however, definitely provides some stiff competition. Not to be ignored is the rock-'n'-roll pool at Universal's Hard Rock Hotel, with its underwater sound system and fantastic landscaping, or the super kid-friendly water park-style pools at the Nickelodeon Family Suites.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.