Buy the Paperback
Buy the E-book
Everything you need for a successful Australian vacation in one intelligent guide. In recent years, the Australian dollar has plunged in value against the U.S. dollar, making Australia far more accessible than it has been in years. To keep up with the changes the new currency situation has brought about, we’ve turned once again to Lee Mylne. Based in Brisbane (the third most populous city in Australia), Mylne has been an Australian travel journalist for nearly all her working life. She has crisscrossed every state and territory of Australia by every means of transport, and she is a life member and past president of the Australian Society of Travel Writers.
This guide is updated each year, concisely written (so it’s easy to carry) and printed in large, easy-to-read type.
In the guide:
- Opinionated reviews of Australia’s best attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife venues and shops—everything you need to know, nothing you don’t
- Detailed local maps marked with hotels, restaurants, and attractions, plus a map of Sydney’s ferry system
- Expert tips and recommendations for Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef, Tasmania, and the Red Centre, including Uluru
- Reviews with exact pricing, so there’s never any guessing, using the Frommer’s star rating system
- Suggested itineraries, including for families and for one-week visits
- Smart advice on how to scuba dive, avoiding dangerous animals, dodging crowds, renting a car, money-saving packages, and more
- A rich section on the history of Australia, including detailed context on Aboriginal issues and tips on cultural sensitivity
- A handy pull-out, indexed map of Australia, ideal for in-depth trip planning
About Frommer's: There’s a reason Frommer’s has been the most trusted name in travel for more than 60 years. Arthur Frommer created the best-selling guide series in 1957 to help American servicemen fulfill their dreams of travel in Europe, and since then, we have published thousands of titles, become a household name, and helped millions upon millions of people realize their own dreams of seeing our planet. Travel is easy with Frommer’s.