Tourism Australia is the best source of information on traveling Down Under. Its website, www.australia.com, has more than 10,000 pages of listings of tour operators, hotels, car-rental companies, special travel outfitters, holidays, maps, distance charts, suggested itineraries, and much more. The site provides information tailored to travelers from your country of origin, including packages and deals. By signing up for the free e-newsletter, you will receive updates on hot deals, events, and the like on a regular basis. You can also order brochures online. Tourism Australia operates a website only, no telephone lines. Other good sources are the websites of Australia's state tourism marketing offices. They are:
- Australian Capital Tourism: www.visitcanberra.com.au.
- Northern Territory Tourist Commission: www.travelnt.com.
- South Australian Tourism Commission: www.southaustralia.com.
- Tourism New South Wales: www.visitnsw.com.au or www.sydneyaustralia.com.
- Tourism Queensland: www.queenslandholidays.com.au.
- Tourism Tasmania: www.discovertasmania.com.
- Tourism Victoria: www.visitvictoria.com.
- Western Australian Tourism Commission: www.westernaustralia.com.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.