- Guamilito Market (Western Honduras): Products from around the country, as well as El Salvador and Guatemala, fill up literally hundreds of small stalls in the legendary San Pedro shopping stop. You'll find everything from hammocks, T-shirts, and Lenca pottery to cigars, Mayan figurines, jewelry, coffee, Garífuna coconut carvings, and women making tortillas.
- Valle de Ángeles (Tegucigalpa): With dozens of craft shops selling handicrafts from around the country and the region, this idyllic mountain town is your one-stop Honduras shop. When not daydreaming in a sidewalk cafe, gallery hop for everything from leather belts to oversized Honduran hammocks to fine silver jewelry.
- Yaba Ding Ding (the Bay Islands): Next to HB Warren in Coxen Hole is one of the best craft shops in all of Honduras. The store stocks one of the most complete collections of Honduran crafts, including Lenca pottery, straw baskets, weavings from the highlands, Garífuna art, and more.
- Handicraft markets (Western Honduras): In Copán Ruínas, the options are plenty for handicraft shopping, thanks to numerous small artisan markets and craft co-ops sprinkled all over the cobblestone center. You'll find ceramic masks, stone imitations of Mayan statues, trendy home accessories, jade jewelry, carved wood chests, hammocks, and multicolored woven pants that no one should ever wear.
- Ceramics on La Ruta Lenca (Western Honduras): The black-and-white ceramic bowls, plates, pots, and cups of the Lencas are sold throughout the country and are one of the favorite artisan wares to bring back home. The pottery is designed using pre-Columbian techniques that have changed little over the centuries and created by many of the same families who pass down their methods.
- A North Coast Handicraft Co-op (the North Coast): Trujillo's Made in Honduras is a cooperative of more than 80 artisans who come from mostly rural villages from all over Honduras. Find tuno tree bark paintings, coffee, and jewelry. Displays in the store describe how most items were made, by which family, and where.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.