- Hacienda San Lucas (Western Honduras): Yoga and meditation retreats draw power from the ancient stones of the Mayan ruins not far from Hacienda San Lucas. A new gazebo with sweeping views of the Copán Valley below was built in 2007 specifically to enhance spiritual and health elements at the rustic lodge -- and it has worked, though the fine cuisine, cozy accommodations, and abundance of orchids and trees don't exactly hurt the cause.
- Sante Wellness Center (the Bay Islands): Not far from Parrot Tree Plantation on Roatán, this is the most complete wellness center in all of Honduras. The Sante Wellness Center has not only daily yoga classes and a certified massage school, but also the finest selection of services this side of the reef. Need examples? Try a Chocolate Fondue Massage and Body Wrap, Salt Glow, European Facial, or Noni Wrap.
- A raw food and yoga rainforest retreat (the North Coast): Casa Verde in the Rio Cangrejal area of Pico Bonito National Park is the first of its kind in Honduras. Sign up by the week or the month, and learn to eat right, improve your yoga skills, and live a healthier lifestyle.
- Thermal baths in Gracias (Western Honduras): As long as you can appreciate steaming hot water, it won't matter whether you visit the public hot springs just outside of town or Posada de Don Juan's nicer, private facilities. It's still a long way from feeling touristy, and you will likely share hot springs in Gracias with only a handful of friendly locals. Note: Most rewarding after an intense hike in Celaque National Park.
- Utopia Village spa or yoga retreats (the Bay Islands): Isolated on Utila's rather lonely southwestern shore, this funky hotel opened in 2007 and gave the island something that it has long lacked: an element of luxury. Apart from having one of the top diving operations on the island, they opened the first full-scale spa on the island and occasionally organize yoga retreats.
- Luna Jaguar Hot Springs Resort (Western Honduras): In the hills outside of Copán, this fantasy-like hot springs and ultimate relaxation park might be a bit too recreated for some, but you cannot deny the pleasure of soaking in dozens of steamy pools all with different temperatures and surrounded by tropical green foliage. For added relief, take a massage in their thatched building overlooking a series of misty waterfalls and pools.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.