- The Dean Hotel (Providence, RI): Sleekly styled, with plenty of artsy touches, this newcomer to the Providence downtown speaks to the city’s increasingly hip profile, with a farm-to-table restaurant and a karaoke lounge.
- Hopkins Inn (Warren, CT): This yellow farmhouse bestows the top view of Lake Waramaug, and on soft summer days, not much beats savoring robust Alpine dishes at a table on the terrace. Rooms exude country quaintness. The Hopkins Vineyard is adjacent.
- Lincolnville Motel (Camden, ME): In the 1950s, this was just another motor-court motel along Route 1 on the shores of Penobscot Bay. A new owner in 2015 transformed it with a hip, stripped-down decor full of witty (sometimes kitschy) touches, and now it’s a travelers’ fave—but still at motel prices.
- Nauset House Inn (East Orleans, Cape Cod, MA): This romantic 1810 farmhouse is like a sepia-toned vision of old Cape Cod. Recline on a wicker divan surrounded by fragrant flowers while the wind whistles outside. Better yet, stroll to Nauset Beach and watch the sun set. Your genial hosts also prepare one of the finest breakfasts around.
- Newbury Guest House (Boston, MA): This lovely property would be a good deal even if it weren’t ideally located on Newbury Street, Boston’s version of Rodeo Drive. Rates even include breakfast.
- Mad River Barn Inn (Waitsfield, VT): Families love the woodsy touches at this clean, comfy, sociable inn. Most of the action takes place in the bar and restaurant, where skiers relax and chat after a day on the slopes, and order up comfort food.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.