Check out the International Student Travel Confederation (ISTC; website for comprehensive travel services information and details on how to get an International Student Identity Card (ISIC), which qualifies students for savings on rail passes, plane tickets, and entrance fees. It also provides them with basic health and life insurance and a 24-hour helpline. The card is valid for a maximum of 18 months. Apply for the card in person at any STA Travel bureau (this is the biggest student travel agency in the world) or online at; check out the website to locate STA Travel offices worldwide. If you're no longer a student but still under 26, you can get an International Youth Travel Card (IYTC) from the STA, which entitles you to discounts. Travel CUTS ( offers similar services for both Canadians and U.S. residents. Irish students can try USIT (, an Ireland-based specialist in student, youth, and independent travel.

Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.