- Don Alfonso 1890 (tel. 081-8780026): This is one of the top Italian gourmet addresses and the best restaurant south of Naples, created and maintained by hosts Lidia and Alfonso Iaccarino. The luxurious restaurant, offers superb food using ingredients mainly from the chefs' own organic farm.
- Torre del Saracino (tel. 081-8028555): A worthy rival to Don Alfonso 1890, this wonderful restaurant is more informal than its neighbor in the hills, but the food is equally memorable and has earned the young owner-chef Gennaro Esposito two Michelin stars. Gennaro's cooking is rooted in local traditions and ingredients, but his creativity and perfect judgment make a meal here a real journey of discovery. The minimalist dining room is elegant yet relaxed and unstuffy, and a lovely terrace overlooks the beach.
- Il Mosaico (tel. 081-994722): Il Mosaico earned two Michelin stars soon after its opening thanks to the creative genius of chef Nino Di Costanzo. His intricately prepared dishes, based on the local cuisine, look every bit as good as they taste, and a meal here is a feast for the eyes as much as for the stomach. Book the chef's table in the kitchen if you want a really memorable experience.
- Taverna del Capitano (tel. 081-8081028): With its huge picture windows and terrace overlooking the charming little beach at Marina di Cantone, this elegant restaurant enjoys the ultimate seaside setting. Fish and seafood are obviously the key players here, and Chef Alfonso Caputo prepares them to simple perfection. After lunch, you can rent a beach bed and umbrella and sleep it all off.
- Il San Pietro di Positano (tel. 089-875455): Il San Pietro offers the fine cuisine of Chef Alois Vanlangenacker -- all based on ingredients from the hotel's own farm -- and a delightfully romantic setting that is worth a visit all by itself.
- George's (tel. 081-7612474): Located on the roof terrace of the Grand Hotel Parker's, this truly elegant restaurant is happily devoid of stuffiness or ostentation. There's no snobbery here, only the best that money can buy. Chef Baciòt brings together ingredients to create tasty and healthful dishes that marry tradition with nutrition. The service and surroundings are impeccable, and the wine list is among the best in Italy.
- Relais Blu Belvedere (tel. 081-8789552): This restaurant-cum-small-hotel is a hot address on the Sorrento peninsula. The delightful manager-host will introduce you to the flavors of his beloved native peninsula, be it for predinner drinks, which are served with creative nibbles based on local ingredients, or for a perfectly romantic dinner. High above the rocky coast overlooking Capri, the open-air terrace is spectacular.
- L'Olivo at the Capri Palace (tel. 081-9780111): This restaurant, part of the stylish Capri Palace hotel, is a haven of elegance and good taste, from the furnishings and table settings to the impeccable service and superb creative cuisine.
- Rossellinis (tel. 089-818181): A truly elegant, gourmet experience awaits you at this restaurant in the exclusive Palazzo Sasso in Ravello, where the finest local ingredients are transformed into delectable meals by the talented chef.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.