- Grand Hotel Parker's (tel. 081-7612474): This is Naples's most romantic luxury hotel, competing with the Grand Hotel Vesuvio for the title of best hotel in town. Housed in a magnificent Liberty-style building, it offers superb service, classy accommodations, and one of the best restaurants in the city.
- Grand Hotel Vesuvio (tel. 081-7640044): This is generally considered to be the best hotel in Naples, offering palatial accommodations and exquisite service. You will be pampered the moment you step through the doors. The turndown service includes fine chocolates, the linens are top class, and the sumptuous breakfast is served in the most panoramic setting you can imagine, with views over the picturesque Castel dell'Ovo. The gourmet rooftop restaurant is another plus. Every detail here is truly first class.
- San Pietro (tel. 800/735-2478): A member of the Relais & Châteaux group, this elegant hotel tops our list of favorite places to stay in the whole of Italy. You'll understand why as soon as you step inside. The kind and attentive service, the tastefully colorful furnishing details, the romantic views from the terraces -- we love everything about this place.
- Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria (tel. 081-8777111): This gorgeous hotel, housed in what once was a palatial private residence overlooking the sea, is the best in Sorrento, The antiques in the guest rooms, the picturesque terraces, and the service make this a wonderful place to stay and it's right in the center of town with its own elevator down to a private beach.
- Hotel Santa Caterina (tel. 089-871012): Amalfi's most luxurious hotel is set in lush gardens and sits on a cliff just out of town, a fabulous place to be pampered away from the crowds. It has a beautiful private beach and lovely swimming pool and a fine restaurant.
- Hotel Le Sirenuse (tel. 089-875066): Competing for the title of best hotel in Positano with the Hotel San Pietro, this gorgeous hotel is housed in a beautiful 18th-century villa overlooking the sea. It offers palatial accommodations and fine service.
- Grand Hotel Quisisana (tel. 081-8370788): The glitziest resort on Capri, this luxury hotel provides its guests with splendid accommodations and exquisite service. The hotel's bar and restaurant are popular spots for visiting socialites, so it's worth stopping by just to enjoy the atmosphere.
- Mezzatorre Resort & Spa (tel. 081-986111): Taking its name from the 15th-century watchtower that houses part of the hotel, the Mezzatorre is the most splendid resort in Ischia. Set on its own secluded promontory near the town of Lacco Ameno and not far from Forio, it pampers its guests in perfect elegance and style. The views from the park and the swimming pool are breathtaking.
- Palazzo Sasso (tel. 089-818181): The most exclusive hotel in the finest resort on the Amalfi Coast, this 12th-century palace was the home of one of the noblest families in town -- and you'll be treated accordingly.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.