- Vico Equense: This little-known resort town on the Sorrentine peninsula is blessed with several beaches -- most of them small and hidden away inside picturesque coves -- such as Marina di Equa, dominated by an imposing 17th-century tower.
- Punta del Capo: This lovely beach under the cliffs near Sorrento has attracted visitors from time immemorial. Nearby, you'll find the ruins of a Roman villa and a small pool of water enclosed by rocks, known as the Bath of Queen Giovanna.
- Bay of Ieranto: Part of the Marine Preserve of Punta Campanella, this unique fiord is hard to reach, but possesses a unique beauty. When the light is just right at day's end, the clarity of the waters here creates the illusion of boats floating in midair.
- Grotta dello Smeraldo: Although this grotto in the village of Conca dei Marini on the Amalfi Coast is usually visited by boat, it is also the destination of a scuba procession on Christmas night. The pretty beach can be visited anytime, however.
- Positano: The most famous resort on the Amalfi Coast, Positano has several picturesque beaches -- although they're hardly deserted. Besides the central Spiaggia Grande by the marina, you'll find Fornillo to the west of town, and La Porta, Ciumicello, Arienzo, and Laurito to the east.
- Spiaggia di Citara: This is the most scenic beach on the island of Ischia, near the little town of Forio. Besides the lovely scenery, there are several natural thermal springs.
- Marina di Paestum: Greek temples are not the only reason to come to Paestum. The sandy beach here extends for miles along the clear blue sea.
- Baia della Calanca: In beautiful Marina di Camerota, this is one of the nicest beaches in the Cilento, and it is famed for its clear waters.
- Bagni di Tiberio: This is the best of the rare and tiny beaches of Capri. As the name suggests, it lies near the ruins of one of Emperor Tiberius's notorious pleasure palaces and is accessible by a steep, rocky path or by boat.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.