- Best Food on the Beach: The Beach Bar & Grill, One&Only Royal Mirage (tel. 04-399-9999). A personal favorite, this is where to come for an inspired lunch or romantic dinner on the beach. Fresh seafood and grilled steaks are served in the Moroccan-design dining room or out on the beachfront deck.
- Best Upmarket Italian: BiCE, Hilton Dubai Jumeirah (tel. 04-399-1111). The trendy Italian restaurant packs with a "who's who" of Dubai who come dressed to kill. Fortunately, the food is not lost on the scene, with outstanding classic Italian dishes prepared by Chef Andrea Mugavero.
- Best Steak: The Exchange Grill, Fairmont Dubai (tel. 04-311-8316). Few restaurants take steak as seriously as the Exchange Grill, modeled after New York's Oak Room. The chef serves premium quality Angus as well as the world's most expensive beef, Mayura Station Gold Wagyu. Expect to spend a pretty penny, and to spend it in style.
- Best Persian: Shabestan, Radisson SAS (tel. 04-222-7171). Although Persian food is widely available in Dubai, Shabestan offers the best. The exotic dining room is reminiscent of a sultan's palace, and evenings bring live Persian music and a romantic ambience.
- Best Thai with a View: Thiptara, The Palace, Old Town (tel. 04-428-7961). Exquisite Thai food is served in a spectacular setting overlooking the Burj Lake, where the Dubai Fountains take place nightly. Service is among the best you will find in Dubai.
- Best Service: Verre, Hilton Dubai Creek (tel. 04-227-1111). London-based Gordon Ramsay holds the most Michelin stars of any chef, and you can experience his impeccable modern European cuisine at Verre, an elegant dining space characterized by minimalist decor and refined service.
- Best Modern Chinese: Zheng He's, Mina A'Salam, Madinat Jumeirah (tel. 04-366-6730). Dubai's top Chinese restaurant offers an unforgettable view of the Gulf from the opulent dining room and terrace. Service is as inspired as the progressive Chinese cooking, visible through the glass kitchen.
Note: This information was accurate when it was published, but can change without notice. Please be sure to confirm all rates and details directly with the companies in question before planning your trip.